Agency Help

If you cannot get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 1st Congressional District of Florida can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail or fax to our office.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, email (if applicable), home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Examples of Casework Issues

Department of Defense: Health and welfare reports; Discharges and reassignments;  Emergency leave;  Request for service medals;  Copies of military service records;  Tricare 

Department of Veterans Affairs: Service connection claims;  Medical care;  Veterans Choice;  Pensions;  Home loans;  Life insurance;  Education benefits;  Burial benefits;  Headstones;  local VA hospital appointments & medication;  Service records requestsRequest status of pending service records requestsFile or request benefitsTrack status of pending claim 
*Requesting veteran records destroyed by fire in 1973?  Click HERE*

Defense Finance and Accounting Service: Retirement pay issues;  Pay records

National Personnel Records Center: Copies of military records;  Emergency DD214 request for funerals

Social Security Administration: Denied disability claims;  Overpayments

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Part A and B Medicare claims;  Affordable Health Care issues

Department of Housing and Urban Development: Low-income housing assistance;  FHA  loans;  housing complaints

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Complaints about bank accounts or service;  Credit  cards;  Credit reporting;  Mortgages;  Student loans;  Vehicle  or consumer loans

Internal Revenue Service: Delayed refund;  Collections;  Disaster relief;  Payment plans;  Identify theft;  Seeking Tax Return Transcript

Department of Education: Defaulted or delinquent student loans

United States Postal Service: Repeated problems with mail delivery

Office of Personnel Management: Federal Civil Service;  Pension benefits for retired federal employees

United States Citizenship Immigrations Services: Seeking green card;  Spousal Visas;  Expedited Passports, Seeking status update on application


Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Authorization Form

This is a three step process:

  1. Download the PDF. Fill in the form with the required data
  2. Review the form to ensure all data is accurate, then print and sign the form
  3. Mail the document to our office.  The address is noted below.