CNN Director: Network Hammering Gaetz ‘To Keep Hurting Him’ Because It’s ‘Great’ For Democrat Party
James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas released explosive video on Tuesday that appeared to show CNN Technical Director Charlie Chester admitting that the network has aggressively covered allegations that have been made against Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) “to keep hurting him” because it would be “great” for the Democrat Party.
“If the agenda say, is to like get, like Matt Gaetz right now, he’s like this Republican,” Chester said. “He’s a problem for the Democratic Party because he’s so conservative and he can cause a lot of hiccups in passing of laws and what not.”
“So, it would be great for the Democratic Party to get him out. So, we’re going to keep running those stories to keep hurting him and make it so that it can’t be buried and like just settled outside of court and just like, you know, if we keep pushing that, it’s helping us,” he added. “That’s propaganda because it’s helping us in some way.”
Other videos released by Project Veritas showed Chester admitting that the network’s “focus” was getting Trump removed from office and that the network creates “propaganda.” Chester also said that the network was going to use “fear” to push their climate change agenda.
On CNN and its employees working to oust Trump from office, Chester made the following remarks throughout various encounters that he had with an undercover Project Veritas journalist:
- “Look what we did, we [CNN] got Trump out. I am 100% going to say it, and I 100% believe that if it wasn’t for CNN, I don’t know that Trump would have got voted out…I came to CNN because I wanted to be a part of that.”
- “It’s going to be our [CNN’s] focus. Like our focus was to get Trump out of office, right? Without saying it, that’s what it was, right? So, our next thing is going to be climate change awareness.”
On CNN creating “propaganda” to damage Trump, Chester said:
- “[Trump’s] hand was shaking or whatever, I think. We brought in so many medical people to tell a story that was all speculation — that he was neurologically damaged, and he was losing it. He’s unfit to — you know, whatever. We were creating a story there that we didn’t know anything about. That’s what — I think that’s propaganda.”
On having a predetermined agenda to cover climate change and to use “fear” to sell it, Chester said:
- “I think there’s a COVID fatigue. So, like whenever a new story comes up, they’re [CNN’s] going to latch onto it. They’ve already announced in our office that once the public is — will be open to it — we’re going to start focusing mainly on climate.”
- “I have a feeling that it’s going to be like, constantly showing videos of decline in ice, and weather warming up, and like the effects it’s having on the economy–”
- Climate change is the next “pandemic-like story that we’ll beat to death, but that one’s got longevity. You know what I mean? Like there’s a definitive ending to the pandemic. It’ll taper off to a point that it’s not a problem anymore. Climate change can take years, so they’ll [CNN will] probably be able to milk that quite a bit.”
- “Be prepared, it’s coming. Climate change is going to be the next COVID thing for CNN.”
- When asked if CNN was going to use “fear” to push their agenda, Chester said, “Yeah. Fear sells.”