Congressional App Challenge 2017
The Congressional App Challenge (CAC) is a public effort to encourage kids to learn how to code, through annual district-wide competitions hosted by Members of Congress for their district.
Students in participating districts code original applications for the chance to be selected for recognition by their Member of Congress, win prizes, and have their work put on display in the Capitol Building in Washington, DC. The district-wide competitions, now in their third year, take place from July through early November. The CAC is executed by the Congressional staff of each participating district, and coordinated by the Congressional Internet Caucus and the non-governmental sponsor of the project, the Internet Education Foundation.
Middle and High School students may compete as individuals or in teams of up to four, as long as two of the teammates are eligible to participate in our district. Students entering the competition must submit a short 1-3 minute video , showcasing what their app does and how it works. The video must be uploaded onto a public site like YouTube or Vimeo, and set to public so the judges can watch them. Video submissions must be uploaded on the CongressionalAppChallenge.us website by 12pm (EST)/11am (CST) on November 1, 2017.
The apps will be judged by a panel of local judges who work within the academic, software, and entrepreneurial fields. The app of the winning student or team in each participating Congressional district will be featured on the U.S. House of Representatives’ website (www.house.gov), and displayed in a U.S. Capitol exhibit in Washington D.C.
- On Saturday, November 18, 2017, Congressman Matt Gaetz will host the Congressional App Challenge and Cyber Security Event at the University of West Florida in Pensacola.
* (1 - 3:00pm): App Challenge & Stem/Cyber Security Expo in the Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering, Building 4 (Floors 1-3)
* (3 - 4:00pm): Awards Center for App Challenge in the Center for Fine and Performing Arts, Music Hall, Building 82 (directly across from the College of Science & Engineering)
- UWF is located at 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL
Interested in particpating? CLICK HERE
- Student Registration and Submission Process
- Students can register and submit their apps on the CongressionalAppChallenge.us website.
- Even if their app is not finished yet, they should register first and come back later to submit.
- DEADLINE TO SUMBIT IS NOVEMBER 1, 2017